Friday, February 11, 2022

Flashback Friday--2/11/2000

 Greetings again everyone. Not only have we reached the weekend, but we have also reached Super Bowl weekend. I'll have some thoughts on the game tomorrow sometime. What I'm REALLY looking forward to is Monday. Don't want to jinx anything, but let's just say that Monday could potentially be a seminal moment in my life. 

Of course, there are other things that are going on, such as that Freedom Dumb convoy wreaking havoc across Canada (Ottawa in particular), the Winter Olympics, and an unlawful possible invasion of Ukraine by Russia, but since it is Friday, and I don't want to focus on negative shit. So, let's flash it back to twenty-two years ago today, February 11, 2000. These were the top 40 songs in America per Mediabase 24/7 published in Radio & Records Magazine.

40. Higher by Creed. You now have this song stuck in your head. You're welcome.
39. Freakin' It by Will Smith
38. Say My Name by Destiny's Child
37. Standing At The Edge Of The Earth by Blessid Union of Souls
36. I Try by Macy Gray
35. Breathe by Faith Hill
34. American Pie by Madonna.
Yes, she really remade this Don McLean classic.
33. Candy by Mandy Moore
32. Hangingaround by Counting Crows
31. Thank God I Found You by Mariah Carey f/ Joe & 98 Degrees

30. Only God Knows Why by Kid Rock
29. Sexual (Li Da Di) by Amber
28. Learn To Fly by Foo Fighters
27. I Want To Love You Forever by Jessica Simpson
26. Tricky Tricky by Lou Bega.
He disappeared after this song, until recently when he made a television commercial off his OTHER hit; you know which one.
25. Maria Maria by Santana f/The Product G&B
24. Waiting For Tonight by Jennifer Lopez.
Actually, I'm waiting for Monday. 😉
23. Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon
22. Dear Lie by TLC
21. Amazed by Lonestar

20. The Rhythm Divine by Enrique Iglesias
19. It Feels So Good by Sonique
18. Meet Virginia by Train
17. From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart by Britney Spears
16. Take A Picture by Filter
15. All The Small Things by Blink-182.
Work sucks, I know...
14. Never Let You Go by Third Eye Blind
13. My Love Is Your Love by Whitney Houston.
We lost her ten years ago today. Rest in Peace, Whitney.
12. I Need To Know by Marc Anthony
11. Falls Apart (Run Away) by Sugar Ray

10. Back At One by Brian McKnight
  9. Smooth by Santana f/Rob Thomas
  8. That's The Way It Is by Celine Dion
  7. Then The Morning Comes by Smash Mouth
  6. Bye Bye Bye by *NSync
  5. Bring It All To Me by Blaque
  4. Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65
  3. Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely by The Backstreet Boys
  2. I Knew I Loved You by Savage Garden

and the number one song on this date twenty-two years ago was...

  1. What A Girl Wants by Christina Aguilera











Don't have too much commentary for this week's songs, so I guess I should say...


More To Come


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment