Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Ya Man Is Tired...Plus Other Stuff

 Greetings once again, and am I tired. Tired of the virtue-signaling. Tired of all the dog whistleblowing. Tired of what social media has become; a breeding ground for the things I just mentioned above. Same with mainstream media. Hypocrisy lives (and thrives) there. Whether it be CNN or MSNBC and their fixation on the former President being a dipshit, or Fox News's fixation on Biden's bum-ass son. 

What happened to the days of "Just the facts, man/ma'am?" I was watching some YouTube videos last night of some breaking stories when I was in high school. Two in particular: the fall of the Berlin Wall and the near upheaval in Beijing that culminated in that massacre in Tiananmen Square. I was too focused on my schoolwork at the time to really fully grasp what was going on at the time. Plus, my household at the time couldn't get cable (we virtually were between BFE and Timbuktu). Another thing I don't remember hearing about at the dawn of the 1990s was the toxic medium known as talk-radio; the Rush Limbaughs, the Sean Hannitys, the cryin' Glenn Becks (DON'T get me started on THAT douchecanoe). When we listened to the radio, we had groovy music and we were informed with actual news, along with the weather and sports. Not the political spin we hear about all the time nowadays. 

Heck, the world is on freaking fire right now, but thanks to modern-day mainstream media, our attention spans are somewhat focused on something that's still sixteen months away. Damn you, Telecommunications Act of 1996. Maybe we ought to launch something called "anti-social media," but I think Squealon Muskrat already has that market curbed with his awful reboot of Twitter, which is going about as well as one Bum-Ass Governor's pipe dream, I mean, presidential campaign. Speaking of which, thanks a lot, Squealon, for ruining one of the best techno/rave songs in history (which I think can only be found on YouTube, btw). 

I'm debating right now if I should do a regular flashback on Friday, or if I should do a special one for Sinead O'Connor, who sadly passed away yesterday.

Training camps are underway across the National Football League, and this is a reminder that preseason football is only a week away. I see predictions from various "experts" and others seeing that my Bucs won't win many games this season. I think otherwise, I think they could actually steal the NFC South this year. Will they win the Super Bowl? No, but it doesn't hurt to dream, even though they're a mere three years removed from their triumph at home at SBLV:








Good times during the pandemic.


Hot take: the Tampa Bay Rays, who have lost their stranglehold on first place in the AL East, won't even make the playoffs. Neither will the Miami Marlins. Talk about free-falling, Tom Petty.

No, I haven't paid much attention to the Women's World Cup, although our US team tied Netherlands last night Down Under.

I'm suddenly blanking, fortunately not like Mitch McConnell on Wednesday. That was scary stuff, and brings to question once again if term limits should be imposed on Senators and Representatives much like the President.

I think I should stop here while I'm behind. My squeeze took a brief vacation this week and is back safely, so that's good news. Maybe I'll get to see her next week. In the meantime, my sister and I will have a lot of work to do getting the house organized and cleaned for our youngest sister's arrival. 

I should be back Friday morning as mentioned before with a flashback entry for you, in the meantime, take care.


BS


No comments:

Post a Comment