Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Another Day, Another S***post

 Hello again, everyone. Had nothing else better to do this late Tuesday evening so I thought I would get some thoughts out of the way. So, with a Coke Zero in hand, here we go...

No, I didn't watch tonight's baseball All-Star Game, nor did I watch the home run derby last night, but I understand Randy Arozarena of the Rays finished second, continuing Florida's incredible streak of being first loser in various sporting events. As for the rest of the 2023 season, here's how I see it playing out:

AL East: Baltimore
AL Central: Minnesota
AL West: Houston
ALWCs: Tampa, New York, Seattle
NL East: Atlanta
NL Central: Cincinnati
NL West: Los Angeles
NLWCs: Miami, Philadelphia, San Francisco

For the World Series, I have Atlanta beating New York, finally getting their revenge from 1996 and 1999.

My computer has REALLY been annoying me as of late. I'll have it on yet do absolutely nothing, and the computer wants to overheat and automatically shut itself off. Granted my laptop is a decade old, and it is high time I get a new one (one that actually has a microphone jack for the microphone I got from Wish several years ago). I know I have enough saved to get one down the road. Question is, when do I ask to get one because I made the near-fatal mistake in 2017 after my stroke of signing my finances away to my sister, thinking that my condition would not improve. Yes, I have loss of feeling in my left side, and sometimes I have to use a cane. But at least I can move somewhat, albeit not very fast plus I have to watch my balance at times.

Maybe I'm getting cabin fever but being able to go out by myself for one day a month is a little tedious. I know my family wants to put a short lash on me, but like I told my squeeze the other day, I am responsible and can take care of myself. Heck, I took a bus trip to St. Louis just before the p(l)andemic hit. So, I don't see why I can't go out more often.

I haven't watched the news much this week, but I do know that the water temperature in the Gulf of Mexico is incredibly hot. This week some temperature around the gulf have exceeded 95 degrees. That's hot enough to potentially threaten Florida's coral reefs.

Unfortunately, I had to interrupt my writing of this by a few hours. Apparently, Spectrum was playing tiddlywinks with everyone's (at least in Spring Hill) WiFi last night, then my computer startyed acting up...again. Hate when they randomly do that, but...







$29.99!!!

I wonder the if actor in their commercials, John Hoogenakker (Hoogenakker?), has ever been told he looks like a spitting image of Vincent Van Gogh? But I digress...

As I was going to say before that hiccup last night, the heat dome over the Gulf that's helping cause this isn't going away anytime soon, and sadly we here in Florida may experience more heat indices of over 110 degrees before the week is over. At least here in the Tampa Bay region, we've had some thundershowers in the morning to cool us off a little bit (but not this morning).

At least we have some good news to report: Sweden looks to be joining NATO in the near future now that Turkey has gotten off their high horse. I'm here to see MC Vladdy Daddy sweat some more over that news. Tick Tock, Vladdy P! Also, Brazil has reduced deforestation in the Amazon by a third. While not optimal (that would be all deforestation to stop), at least it is a start.

Hey, hey Tampa Bay! At 11AM the Bucs release their creamsicle jerseys for 2023.











Oh, and I'd thought I'd share this post from the world's second biggest man-child. Very mature, dude.


Well, that's about all for now. More to come later this week, perhaps even today. Be good!



CT

No comments:

Post a Comment