Good evening miscreants. I haven't been on here in a while, and that's on me. I think part of the problem is that I don't have the same interests that I had just a few years ago. But if you ask me, it isn't that big of a problem, in fact, it isn't really a problem at all. I've been focused primarily in trying to please my queen, who if you've read my blog for some time, you know who she is. Along those lines was a small inconvenience yesterday that I wanted to talk about briefly.
Yesterday as I was taking the county bus system from the point where it transfers with the Pasco County bus system, I was going to transfer from one bus to another that was going to drop me off near where my queen works. I thought the bus would stop at the Wal-Mart on 19 where I would take the bus down County Line Road, but I was sadly mistaken.
It's kind of hard to see on this screenshot courtesy of Google Earth, but the major highway to the left of the picture is US 19, the straight line toward the bottom is County Line Road, and where I was trying to go was off the picture to the right. I don't know if you can see the thin red lines along US 19, but that was the bus route I was taking. Just south of where the road kind of bends is where the Wal-Mart is. The bus wound up taking me over a mile away to where the next stop was, which on this picture you can see better:
The top circle is the stop I wound up at; the bottom circle is the Wal-Mart. Anyway, I had to Uber from the Chili's across the street to the Publix near where I wanted to go. But what's somewhat infuriating is that between the Wal-Mart and where I got off across from the Chili's, there are NO STOPS for that particular route. None. For over a mile. There's even a Red Lobster and a McDonald's between the two circles but there's no stop for that bus (there is for another route, WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE?). Anyway, I wound up making it to Publix with plenty of time to spare, so I guess it all worked out in the end. But Hernando Bus, I know you're adding service to areas of the county that wasn't served before, but could you try to make your stops a little more convenient for your riders? Kthxbye.
BonyScribe
No comments:
Post a Comment