Monday, December 18, 2023

Holiday Anxiety

 Christmas is seven days away, and I'm feeling something I haven't felt in a while: holiday anxiety. I don't think I've been under pressure, self-inflicted of course, in over a decade, when I wanted to get my daughter Kaylee a bicycle. Of course, I was practically stuck at the post office back then and she was several states away. Now she's grown and those worries are long gone. But this year is different. I have gifts for someone special and no real way to get them to her thanks to strict sisters I live with who don't like the facts that 1) she's a bartender and 2) I'm diabetic. Boomers, am I right? One gift I already bought and ready, and another two are en route, but I'm at the mercy of shipping, which at this time of year can be hit or miss as far as how timely they get here (Trust me). I have another gift for her to get, as well as gifts for my sisters to get. The current plan is to take a trip to Wally World tomorrow and get those items. Then wrap said gifts probably late at night or something. Plus, with friends coming in from Orlando coming Thursday, I'd like to wrap things up by then. 









I just hope for my sake I don't do what Trevor Lawrence did last night and drop the ball...because (and this is why my anxiety level is raised) I have a massive opportunity personally, and I want to follow through on what I've promised. 

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment