Thursday, August 10, 2023

Hot Enough For You?

 Hello everyone, and man is it hot. As of right now, it is 94 degrees in Spring Hill, FL, but with the heat index, it feels like 111 degrees. That is obscene, even for Florida standards. Earlier this week, the heat index in Texas was above 120. Picture from social media showed street signs in Arizona melting, but they actually aren't...yet. I guess you could say that we're all getting crazy from the heat, which come to think of it, could be the name of an album.











Not only that, but even paradise is burning to the ground, fueled in part by hurricane force winds coming relatively close to Hawaii. All in what has been a very strange year, and one of the hotteest ones I remember since 1998. 

Speaking of strange, is it just me or has something been off about the last few weeks? I got rarely sick on Tuesday (no thanks to eating at Taco Bell before my once-monthly drinking excursion). It seems like everyone and their sibling is passing away suddenly, including the fiancee of the woman I was talking to at the beginning of 2022. Doomsday sayers on YouTube are chirping about Yellowstone potentially blowing up soon, although according to USGS, all is calm for now. My former roommate's dad says that we're in the end times, which has been something that has been debated about since even before 9/11. I don't know about you, but as John Lennon once sang, "strange days indeed."


BS

No comments:

Post a Comment