Tuesday, June 20, 2023

I Haven't Had A Really Good Rant In A While...

 Hi everyone. I was thinking about what I've been writing on this blog, which hasn't been much, this year last night and I thought to myself, "You know, I haven't had a really good rant in a while. Maybe it's high time I changed it a little bit. Although I'm not upset about anything, other than a little disappointed that I can only visit my crush once a month. Hopefully that will change in the future. 

Just got done speaking with sis, and we have some rather unusual weather for this time of year, at least to me. Yeah we're getting scattered showers and thunderstorms, in fact, it's raining now, but what's so weird about it is the amount of wind that's along with it. Normally in Florida, our thundershowers in the afternoon are usually slow-moving. Not today, however. We've had a stiff westerly breeze so far today that usually doesn't come with our summer weather pattern except when a tropical system is involved; yes, we do have Bret in the Atlantic, but that's too far away from us to affect what's going on currently. 

Didn't watch "Raw" last night, nor have I watched it in a few weeks, but apparently, royal douchebag Logan Paul is back and is going to compete in the Money in the Bank ladder match at their upcoming PPV Premium Live Event. Look, Paul is quite the entertainer when it comes to his in-ring work, but God forbid he wins the match and gets a championship match in the future against Seth Rollins. Besides, I'd rather see LA Knight get the opportunity.

With all this talk of boycotts going on during Pride Month, how about we propose something different? Let's boycott the boycotts. Instead of just boycotting Bud Light for promoting a transgender influencer during March Madness, how about we just go about our beer drinking like we normally would. As Hank Williams, Jr. once sang, "if you don't like it can't you just let it pass?" We need a spokesperson though for it, fortunately, I think I have just the mammal to do it:




















Let's talk about other douchenozzles for a second, one of whom has been charged today for throwing a phone and striking Bebe Rexha in the face. Seriously, dude? A phone? Because you thought it was funny? Seriously I hope this guy gets the book thrown at him, pun intended. Bebe deserves better if you ask me. As for another douchebag, well let's just say that he won himself a copy of the "Who Wants To Marry A Queen" home game along with a year-long supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco treat.

In another sign that we're all getting old, I lost a classmate from Hoke County, NC this week. Rest easy, Lamont. I wish we could say we could live forever, but sometimes we have to come face to face with our own mortality, even if our spirits endure. 

Almost halfway through the Major League Baseball season, and there are some surprising names on top of the divisional leaderboard. Tampa still has the best record in baseball, much to the delight of many (and dismay of others) around these parts. The other divison leaders are somewhat intersting. Minnesota leads the AL Central...with a losing record. Texas leads the AL West with the Angels (nit the Astros) in second place. By the way Shohei Ohtani could (and should) win both Cy Young and MVP in the AL this year. In the National League, the Braves lead the NL East, but the Miami Marlins are giving them a serious run, playing their best baseball in nearly two decades (and Luis Arraez is hitting .400). In the Central, Cincinnati has overtaken Pittsburgh for first, while Arizona leads the West. As it stands currently, only four of last year's playoff teams would make this year's postseason if it ended today; the Rays, Yankees, Braves, and Dodgers.

Well, I guess I've ranted enough, if you can call this a rant, for today. I hope to be back with more later this week. Until then, later.



CT


No comments:

Post a Comment