Sunday, January 1, 2023

New Year, Same Ol' Me

 Greetings, and Happy freaking New Year! Hope everyone celebrated responsibly and was safe throughout. As for me, my celebration was rather lame. For yet another year, I had nobody to kiss to ring in the new year with, and honestly, it's getting old. Then again, most of what has happened to me since 2017 has been old. Damned stroke. Oh well. One of these years, I'll finally be able to celebrate it with someone I love and actually kiss in the New Year. Quite honestly, it should have been this year, but we all know how 2022 turned out--a massive disappointment.










Some observations about the New Year I noticed. Miley Cyrus killed it with help from Dolly and several cast members from SNL (I even joked with my current crush that she was replaced by her). All i in all, I liked Miley's New Year's Eve Party, and I hope they do it again next year. Of course, I HAD to miss THE moment, because I had to be with the sisters (who were watching Ryan Seacrest) and the live feed from Times Square. Eldest sis made the mention that she was listening to Sinatra singing "New York, New York." I don't think she realizes that it's an every year occurrence at Times Square. One minute for the ball drop, then "Auld Lang Syne," then "New York, New York," then Louis Armstrong's "What A Wonderful World," then "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by that one Hawaiian singer. One thing I wish Times Square would bring back was John Lennon's recording of "Imagine." The past few years, they've had a special guest at Times Square perform it live (I think in 2019 it was Bebe Rexha), and to me it just doesn't sound the same. But that's just me.







now THIS was hot!


Meanwhile on CNN, their big old gay New Year's Bash was disappointing, as the suits at Warner Media told them to tone it down with the alcohol consumption on air this year (who do they think they are, CBN?). Several celebrities were not amused about it, either. Kevin Hart, speaking from Las Vegas, was the most outspoken, laying into the network with a profanity-laced tirade. What was interesting was that CNN tried to bleep Hart out, because this is the SAME network that had an anchor call out Fox News and the New York Post on, well, exactly what Hart said. You're getting soft, CNN...

Those were some of what I saw from last night though, now onto today (which is Sunday even though it doesn't feel like it), and to watch my Buccaneers put the NFC South away at last by hopefully beating the pussycats from North Khakilacky. But none of this "new year, new me" bullshit. I'm still me in 2023. Happy New Year!


More To Come...


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment