Thursday, January 26, 2023

Happy Year Of The (you) Bunny (wrote)

 Hello, I'm a few days late in writing this so indulge me. The Lunar New Year has arrived, and this year is called the year of the rabbit, and since some rabbits are bunnies, and the word "bunny" plays a significant role in my favorite Russian curse word, I'm naming it the Year of the Eбанирот.

This week really has interesting to say the least, and mainly not in a good way. Numerous mass shootings, our bum-ass governor being, well a bum-ass governor. Voldemort deciding that he wants to run for re-election. My right ear whichwas clogged the first half of last year is clogged again. Just what I needed on the cusp of my birthday, which last year didn't turn out too bad, but what turned out to be a precursor to how bad 2022 went. I'm trying to avoid that this year.








At least today is the 20th anniversary of the Bucs Super Bowl triumph in San Diego. I still have the shot glass I got later for Christmas that commemorates that win, and I still use it for when I decide to let loose, which is something I'll definitely be doing in a couple of weeks. But today, I kinda wanna call out a money-making app that's turning out to be a bunch of cheap-skates, that's Survey Junkie.

Survey Junkie is an app where supposedly you take surveys and earn points to cash out. But, there is a catch. First, you have to accumulate 500 points to cash out, and reaching 500 points, if you're like me and disabled, is quite the task. First, you click on a survey, then you're asked a bunch of pre-qualifying questions (like what is your sexual orientation, race, if you live in a suburb, etc). Then after you answer all that, you're not taken to the survey, but some mumbo jumbo about privacy permissions and the use of cookies for their survey. then once you fill that out, you get some message saying, "we're sorry, you don't quite fit this survey, we'll find you another one." Then you have to go through the same thing again until after a couple of times Survey Junkie will say that you don't qualify for that survey, or my favorite, that the survey filled up before you could take it. Apparently, they love to do this when you're on the precipice of cashing out, so that you can't cash out. It's like those internet games where you earn money once a certain number of points, but once you're close to the threshold, the game suddenly doesn't allow you to accumulate any more points, so you're stuck on that amount as if you're caught in some carnival game where you just can't win. Survey Junkie? More like Survey Flunkie if you ask me, and something that would have me say, "Eбанирот."

Another thing that was me saying that is of course my eldest sister. Just today, I informed her of something I got in the mail from Ford of Port Richey. It was one of those flyers that had a scratch off spots on there where if the numbers matched, you could be a winner. So naturally, I want to investigate and see if this is legit, and naturally, my eldest sister HAD to get involved. She thinks the whole thing is a scam and that I'll wind up signing for a new car. Uh, no. The way I see it, the best that could happen in that I get an early birthday gift, the worst that can happen is nothing. She doesn't see it that way. She's a hard-core right-winger and DeSantis supporter who'd rather have me live a non-fun puritan-like existence. Can't say "gay," can't say "black," can't say diddly-poo, etc. *insert eye-roll here*. Well, I'm going anyway, I'll take the bus, but it's better than nothing. 

Speaking of right-wingers, I decided to make my Super Bowl pick for the NFC after what Nick Bosa allegedly said about Philadelphia. Well, if that is indeed the case, Eagles by a thousand. Who against in Phoenix? Preferably Cincinnati, because I (and I imagine a bunch of others) are sick to death of the Chiefs, and that chant that they stole from Florida State University. So, in two weeks, it will be Philadelphia vs. Cincinnati in SB LVII.

Another I should look forward to this weekend is Gasparilla, and guess who the grand marshall for this year's parade is? WOOOOOOOO!!!. Unfortunately, with it being so close to my birthday (and it being so far away from me), I won't be able to attend this year, in fact I don't know when the next time I'll be able to join will be, so not only does that get a "Eбанирот" from me, but also a very hearty "сука блять!!"

Tomorrow, I should have my flashback feature back up and going. Until then, enjoy your Thursday!!


More To Come


CT



No comments:

Post a Comment