Sunday, August 4, 2019

My Endgame



Hello, I thought I would create this post as a roadmap of sorts to future dreams/aspirations. So I seem like I'm going somewhat over my head, indulge me.

For those of you who follow me on Twitter, you probably know by now that I am more than a little fed up with living in Florida, especially greater Tampa. Sure, the weather's nice in winter and the hockey team is good, but that's about it. #FloridaMan has made me lose almost what pride I had in this state. Combine the facts that our state is run by a Trump clone, a toxic at best radio scene (that I have refused to listened to since 2016), and general apathy about this region, and you can pretty much conclude that I want out.



Right now, I'm on disability because of my stroke two years ago, and other than somewhat regular visits to the VA clinic, I practically have zero life. I have been out on my own twice since my stroke; once to celebrate my birthday at Hooters, and the other occasion was to see "Avengers Endgame." I plan on taking a bus to St. Louis soon (I don't know when exactly), and I do have a few plans on carrying out while I'm there.

There is someone who I am talking to who I would love to see, but also I want to check out the area to see if I would like it. You see, the place where I was employed at, the Postal service, has their main facility right downtown; right across the street from Enterprise Center on one side, and Union station on the other. I want to investigate whether I can get back to working THERE (instead of Tampa; I have no car currently, and that place redefined toxic). If so, I could look at apartments in the area (looking around downtown or across the river in Illinois) and see if it could be possible to relocate there.

Of course, this is very preliminary and is speculative, nothing is being planned; yet. Just speaking about leaving Florida to existance...

CT






No comments:

Post a Comment