Friday, April 5, 2024

April 3, 2011 Flashback and Other Goodies

Hello again, everyone. Been a couple of weeks since I last posted on here, but that definitely doesn't mean I haven't been around, and I'm glad that people have been paying attention to what I've said on other platforms (cue the crickets chirping) 








All kidding aside (it WAS April Fools Day), I would like to present to you a long overdue flashback since it has been a couple of weeks for that as well. This week, we're going back a mere thirteen years to 2011, when I had just moved back into my old house in Tampa with a friend from high school (that I initially wanted to take further, but didn't work out), but instead of having memories of that time frame (because I was at the Post Office working and not in school), I will submit random thoughts throughout this particular flashback. So, here were the Top 40 songs for April 3, 2011, loosely based on data from Mediabase 24/7.

40. Waiting For The End by Linkin Park

39. Back To December by Taylor Swift

38. Closer To The Edge by Thirty Seconds To Mars. Pause here since this week as a rather cruel April Fools joke, Jared Leto (the worst Joker in cinema history) came out instead of Pat Sajak as host of Wheel of Fortune alongside Vanna White. On behalf of almost everyone, Merv Griffin Productions, please don't do that again.

37. The Show Goes On by Lupe Fiasco. The only song to debut in the top 40 that week, replacing Rihanna's "What's My Name" (it was Ohnana).

36. Hit The Lights by Jay Sean f/Lil' Wayne. Not as popular as their previous compilation from 2009, "Down," which was one of the biggest hits of that year.

35. Sing by My Chemical Romance

34. Rolling In The Deep by Adele. I remember radio stations, apparently paranoid of being fined by the FCC, slightly edited this song because the powers at be (primarily Crap Channel) THOUGHT that one line of this song said, "I'll lay your shit there" when it was actually "I'll lay your ship bare." Goddamn I Hate ClearChannel (iHeartMedia iHateMedia nowadays)!

33. Backseat by New Boyz f/The Cataracts)

32. Bow Chicka Wow Wow by Mike Posner f/Lil' Wayne. Nope. Can't relate to that at this moment.

31. Marry Me by Train. Trying. Not. To. Get. Triggered. 















30. Rhythm Of Love by Plain White T's. I remember a song called "Rhythm Of Love" by Scorpions, as well as another song with that same title by Yes (both coming out in Summer of 1988), but I don't remember this one, at all.

29. Stereo Love by Edward Maya

28. I Need A Doctor by Dr. Dre f/Eminem

27. Moment 4 Life by Nicki Minaj f/Drake

26. For The First Time by The Script. Here's a pro tip, I guess. It helps to actually listen to the songs you're going to be discussing while writing in your blog. It helps jog memories. That said, this song is somewhat relatable to current times...

25. Price Tag by Jessie J f/B.O.B. Sad to say, it actually is about the money money money to some people. Ted Dibiase would laugh about this. Shameful.

24. Jar Of Hearts by Christina Perri. Speaking of which, Wrestlemania weekend is upon us. It's being held in Philadelphia this year. A lot of anticipation is going into it this byear and I'll definitely be watching, albeit on my phone because the computer I'm typing this on gets hot too easily and the newer one can't boot up properly. Time to have it looked at I'm afraid.

23. Hold It Against Me by Britney Spears

22. Rocketeer by Far East Movement f/Ryan Tedder

21. Pretty Girl Rock by Keri Hilson

20. Lazy Song. And this reminds me as to why I shy away from doing flashbacks from the 2010s; I loathe Bruno Mars. 

19. Yeah x3 by Chris Brown. Speaking of loathesome acts, we have Chris Brown. Maybe him and Bruno can tour together sometime...

18. Down On Me by Jeremih f/50 Cent. I remember there was some kid that was a YouTube sensation for lip-synching songs in front of the camera. One time, he made one such video with this song, and 50 himself made a cameo. I didn't really care for the kid doing these videos because he bore a striking resemblance to a particular Tampa radio personality who is quite polarizing. Then again, aren't most radio personalities in Tampa polarizing?

17. Firework by Katy Perry. I used to have a crush on Katy, then she got annoying. Still, I wonder how she shot fireworks out of her boobs...reminds me of someone...you know, nevermind.

16. On The Floor by Jennifer Lopez f/Pitbull

15. Written In The Stars by Tinie Tempah f/Eric Turner. As I recall, this song was used for Wrestlemania that year. 

14. Till The World Ends by Britney Spears. I think Kesha (yes, THAT Kesha) released this as a demo before Britney got a hold of it. I think this was before Kesha became famous and ultimately ruined by Uncle Luke. Yuck.

13. Just Can't Get Enough by Blackeyed Peas. This was right at the height of this group's success. Too bad Stacey Ferguson left the group a few years ago...

12. What The Hell by Avril Lavigne. I've been waiting for this one. The other day on Facebook, a post was made by College Sports Only, and I couldn't help nut notice the picture they posted regarding Indiana State's basketball team. They reached the Final Four of the NIT all despite getting the shaft by the NCAA selection committee. That group selected Virginia. Anyway, here is the photo that was posted:















Here you have Indiana State, and their star player, Robbie Avila, who let's be honest, kinda looks a bit dorky in this picture. Meanwhile, you have another dorky-looking white guy (below) getting passed over in favor of another substandard entity from Virginia. 
















YEAH, WHAT THE HELL INDEED?!

11. Grenade by Bruno Mars

10. Blow by Kesha

  9. Coming Home by Diddy-Dirty Money. Uh, you sure about that?? You sure about that?? 











  8. Tonight by Enrique Iglesias f/Ludacris

  7. More by Usher. According to Wikipedia, this song was released under the deluxe version of his Raymond v. Raymond album, but after it was released as an iTunes exclusive, which just so happens to be the Jimmy Joker remix that played on the radio. The other version (that isn't available on Spotify) can be found here.

  6. Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor) by Pitbull. Mr. Worldwide was ubiquitous in 2011, yet on this chart, he only appears twice. I thought it was more...

  5. E.T. by Katy Perry f/Kanye West

  4. ...Perfect by P!nk. Pretty much what I think I have to be to snag someone.

  3. S & M by Rihanna

  2. Born This Way by Lady Gaga

...and the number one song thirteen years ago this week was...

 1. Forget You by Cee-Lo Green. Very, very relatable; just listen to the lyrics.

Tomorrow, I'll have the electric devices on overload; the Final Four, and Wrestlemania, will be going on simultaneously, and NC State is one of the semifinals (they begin at 6:09). My pick for the National Title game (UConn-Purdue) is still in it, maybe next year, if I'm feeling confident, I can make some serious bank from picking some games. But alas, not this year. Anyway, this weekend should be very exciting. I hope you all enjoy it!

As for this blog, I hope to have more on the way, as soon as I get over this chronic depression of mine. I wouldn't hold my breath though, as evidenced by the last couple of weeks. But, I really want to get back into the swing of things. 

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment