Friday, July 9, 2021

Champa!! Bay!!

Greetings from Champa Bay, where Lightning has struck again! If you're scoring at home, first off, congratulations. Second, that's now three championships in a little over ten months. That's  a quite impressive feat, so much so that our friends and rivals to the north are a bit jealous. From the Boston Herald on facebook: 




















Seems like they're a little salty over Tampa Tom signing here last spring. Oh well. As a Boston area native (and current Tampa Bay resident) once wrote: "And if they hate, let 'em hate, I drop their whole clan. Lay your ass down for the three second tan." I bet you can't get that song out of your head now. 













Nonetheless, I'm thrilled to pieces for my home region, now if only Tampa Bay's sporting success can spread to Orlando. Waiting on you, Magic and OCSC.

Speaking of Orlando, I was doing some Googling the other day to see what happened to some of the teachers/administrators of the old Orlando Christian school I attended as a little kid in Pine Hills. Much to my surprise, the old principal, Les Van Winkle, is still around and still living in the Pine Hills area. The president of the school, Dr. Meyer, sadly passed away two years ago. As is the case with my second grade teacher, Mr, Booth in 2013. As far as I know, my first grade teacher (Mrs. Nelson) in Zellwood, FL. And I think Mrs. Butler passed away not too long ago, but I'm not too certain; I'll have to verify if that is the case. 

I also saw the old playground at the old school (now Kingsway Christian Academy), and saw a few things I didn't quite recognize, like a couple of trees planted near the walkway where I would walk with my crush after school from the annex where grades 1-6 were to the office/chapel/high school area was where her mom worked, and her canary yellow Olds Ninety Eight. I could make an entire blog post about her (stay tuned), but for now, let's just say she was the Jessica to my Morty (if you've seen 'Rick and Morty,' you'll understand the reference.

But I digress, Monday is the victory boat parade for the Lightning, and hopefully I can attend. I'm hoping for a ride down to Tampa, otherwise I'll have to utilize this regions fractured and inefficient transit system, and that may take forever. Plus the parade starts at 11am, kind of early, but who doesn't want to see party Kuch at that time of day? If you remember last year's celebration at Raymond James Stadium (why couldn't the use it this year,) Party Kuch was a sensation, as was Pat Maroon. Anyway, hoping I can attend.

Well, better get to my Friday night, and my Fireball. 😉

CT




No comments:

Post a Comment