Thursday, October 22, 2015

Was It Just Me Or... ...Plus Other Thoughts.

Good Morning. Haven't had the itch to do much writing lately, until this morning as I was leaving work.  Was it just me or did everyone on the roadways around the greater Tampa Bay area seem extra antsy? I couldn't tell at times if I was on Memorial Drive or Daytona International Speedway with all the traffic whizzing by me like there was no tomorrow, and that was with me going about five over the posted limit of 45mph as it was! Then on US 41, more of the same. People, seriously, chill the bleep out. If you're afraid you're going to miss out on that early bird special at Cracker Barrel (what I think those drivers on Memorial were heading towards), don't worry because you can have breakfast all day there...

...speaking of all-day breakfast, McDonalds has started their venture into serving all day. Two issues though; if you live in the south you can have biscuits for an option--unless you live in Florida. McDonalds in Florida has McMuffins instead of biscuits. Blasphemy I say!! Then again, maybe chalk one up to snowbirds screwing everything up down here. Them and maybe #FloridaMan. But I digress.

The second issue I have is this: if they're going to serve breakfast on non-breakfast hours, then they better have certain other sandwich items available during late night and breakfast hours. True story, I was on 95 South in Orangeburg, SC one late night about 2am or thereabouts. I stopped at one of the very few 24-hour McDonalds in the Carolinas (because after all the Carolinas are Mayberry; nothing is open after 9pm). I asked for a quarter pounder and was answered to in a nasty tone, "We're only serving breakfast right now!" Pffft. Thanks, miss. And remind me never to stop in Orangeburg ever again. Like the old saying goes, what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and that means if I'm on the road at 3 in the morning and craving a Big Mac then dammit I better be able to get one!

Hey congratulations to the New York Mets on winning the NL pennant last night, which happened to be the day their opponent, the Chicago Cubs, was supposed to sweep the World Series according to Back to the Future Part II. Instead of that now-debunked prophecy, we now have the plotline for Back to the Future Part IV; Parts I-III were actually a dream that Marty McFly had falling asleep in Doc Brown's laboratory.

...speaking of movies, show of hands how many of you have NOT seen the new trailer for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"? Nobody? Good. Now, have you bought your advance tickets yet? Spoiler alert I won't be able to go to opening night. The Postal Service and the Holiday Season doesn't not bode well for participating in extracurricular activities on a night where I have to be at work. So much for asking someone out on opening night. Uggggghhh...

My football picks haven't been on this blog lately with the lack of activity but they have been on my twitter page (@boneyscribe). Currently I'm 60-31 after a 7-7 week. Tonight Seattle travels to San Francisco in a game that suddenly may make or break the Seahawks season.  They don't seem so invincible anymore especially after that collapse at home against Carolina, who have McGyvered their way to an unbeaten start to the season. The Niners aren't the team they were two seasons ago, but they still have Colin Kapernick, who can more than make plays, and the emergence of Carlos Hyde at running back. Still though I think the Legion of Boom gets their act together after two successive fourth quarter collapses to win on the road.

Rest of my picks will come Saturday, whether they're here or on twitter.


On a personal note, I have an appointment with my therapist on Monday. Much needed to be honest; I've had some ups and downs lately and if you know me well enough, you know what I'm referring to. Also, I've had some rather bizarre dreams of late, including one where I was an unlikely hero in a science-fiction action-adventure film. Plus other dreams where I felt I was still in the Navy yet working at my current job. Weird stuff.

On that note, I guess I better take my meds and head to sleep; enjoy your Thursday.



No comments:

Post a Comment