Sunday, September 20, 2015

NFL Week Two and some random thoughts...

Good morning, everyone. Thought I'd begin this week with some things that have been on my mind

So how long before Donald Trump's lead in the polls suddenly vanishes into thin air? I hear he's trailing Carly Fiorina in one poll amongst New Hampshire Republicans. It certainly didn't help his cause that he was caught in a bit of a lie by Jeb Bush during Wednesday night's debate, nor did it help that he stood silent the next day when an attendee at a town hall meeting in NH put his foot in his mouth; a silence that Trump broke yesterday.

While we're on the subject of islamophobia, good for Ahmed Mohammed that he's moving to a different school after this week's ridiculous arrest for bringing a clock to the Dallas-area school he currently attends. However, as radio host Todd Schnitt brought up on Twitter this week, there may be a different controversy surrounding Mohammed.

Speaking of twitter and on a personal, many thanks to you for allowing me to crack the 600 follower mark this week.

Is it me or do there seem to be a LOT more popup ads wherever you browse nowadays? It's almost as bad as television, especially if you're for example watching a Rays game on Sun Sports and you see that God-forsaken Tropicana "Good Morning!" spot. Every. Bleeping. Inning.

Speaking of the Rays, they're toast. Wait until next season...and hopefully a vastly improved bullpen.

With the Rays out of the way however, at least here in the Tampa Bay region can focus on the defending NHL Eastern Conference Lightning. Training camp has begun and FanFest is today at Amalie Arena; I may try to go there today.

Also happening today; the majority of week 2 of the NFL season, after last week (and Thursday night), I'm 12-5 in picks, and last week's survivor pick (MIA) won. What about today and Monday? Well for starters, I'm hoping the Bucs don't get embarrassed like they did last week. That was probably the most ashamed I've ever been as a Bucs fan, and given that franchise's history, that takes a heck of a lot for THAT to happen. This week it's New Orleans at the Superdome.

My friend from Albuquerque, Nikki (Bucs_Princess on Twitter), will be in attendance for today's game with her friends. Nikki also happens to be a huge Auburn Tigers fan and was in Baton Rouge for their game yesterday against LSU. Unfortunately for her, things didn't turn out very well. One can only hope today will be a lot different...

As for my picks today and Monday?

Bengals over Chargers
Panthers over Texans
Bills over Patriots
Titans over Browns
Giants over Falcons
Steelers over 49ers
Cardinals over Bears
Saints over Bucs (may be closer than you think though)
Vikings over Lions
Rams over Redskins
Ravens over Raiders
Dolphins over Jaguars
Eagles over Cowboys
Packers over Seahawks
Colts over Jets

My knockout pick this week? Can't use Miami; I used them last week. Of the games I've picked, I'm not very sure about CIN, BUF, and NYG. Same can be said for PHI, though I may want to use them later in the year should I still be alive. I also don't really want to use IND & BAL this early. I think I may (albeit unwisely because of how early the season is) pick the Pittsburgh Steelers for this week's survival pick.

That's all from me for now, enjoy your Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment